Emma Sheers – Coaching Director
With over 90 professional victories Emma is one of the most successful athletes in the history of the sport. Twice named IWSF Athlete of the year Emma is a multiple winner of every major water ski, title including 2 World Slalom Championships and 2 World Jump Championships along with five World Records.
After an amazing 20 years as a pro skier Emma brings an immense amount of knowledge to her role as coaching Director at Oz Ski Resort.
Her coaching philosophy is based on using fundamentals to build a skier who can ski safely and well in all water conditions and enjoy the sport injury free. Emma has coached numerous National and World Champions.
- 2 time World Slalom Champion
- 2 time World Jump Champion
- 2 time World Junior Jump Champion
- 2 time IWSF Athlete of the year
- 5 time World Record Holder
- Former World Championship Record holder, slalom (12 years), and Jump
- 15 time Moomba Masters Champion
- 7 time Masters Champion
- Former Australian Record Holder Slalom and Jump
- Finalist Australian Female Athlete of the year
- Queensland Sport Hall of Fame Inductee
- Sunshine Coast Hall of Fame Inductee
Rick Habermann- slalom coach
Rick’s coaching philosophy is based on building a complete athlete, setting up skis to suit their style and creating a strong, balanced and fearless competitor.
Rick has been coaching for twenty years.
His career highlights include coaching Emma to the following:
- two World Slalom titles
- Ranked number 1 in the world
- World Championship record holder (for 12 years)
- Moomba Masters record holder
- US Masters record holder
- Three US Masters slalom titles
- Five Moomba slalom titles
- Thirty Pro slalom titles
Since starting Oz Ski Resort in 2013 Rick has coached
- 25 Australian National Champions
- Three different students have broken eight national slalom records